9 Golden Gaytime ice creams (make sure to buy them in boxes of 4, much cheaper!)
2 litres of plain vanilla ice cream
250g plain sweet biscuits
1) Remove your Vanilla Ice cream from the freezer and allow it to melt slightly (maybe for about 7 or 8 minutes)
2) Line your cake tin with plastic wrap
3) Remove GG’s one at a time from their sticks (I used a knife to help me) and place them ‘good looking side down’ in the tin. (The ‘good looking side’ will end up being the top of your cake) These melt REALLLLLLY quickly so whack this back into the freezer once you are done.
4) Blitz your biscuits into rough chunks in a food processor. Make sure not to OVER blitz – you want texture!
5) Stir the blitzed biscuits through the vanilla ice cream in a large bowl.
6) Spoon the vanilla ice cream / biscuit mix on top of the gaytimes and seal cake with plastic wrap edges.
7) Set in freezer for a minimum of 1 hour.
8) Immediately prior to service, dust in icing sugar.
(To make a 30cm square cake)
Note: This is best made the day you are going to eat it if possible. If not possible, you can make it the day before but I don’t advise to make it any further in advance than that.