Sometimes you have to do what’s best for you and your life, not what’s best for everyone else.
Did you realise: Today is the oldest each of us has ever been and the youngest we will ever be again.
In other words, life is short and the clock is ticking. If there was ever a perfect day to stand strong beside your values, your ambitions, and what’s best for you, that day is today.
A few notes to help you be you (they’ve helped me too!):
1. Never stop improving / bettering yourself – Always aim higher than you think is possible. Dream.
2. Never stop listening to your own inner voice – your gut – don’t worry about what everyone else thinks. There’s greatness in knowing and believing in something without a doubt.
3. Always be comfortable in your own shoes – figurative and actual. Focus on your inner self and pave your own path.
Remember that it is more useful to be aware of a single strength or weakness in yourself than to be aware of a thousand strengths and weaknesses in others.
4. Do what needs to be done – to be successful, you must plan to be, prepare to be, expect to be, and work to be, every day.
5. Embrace your struggles – it’s a necessary part of life to grow and don’t let fear decide your future. The struggles you face today are preparing you for the challenges of tomorrow. Remember that there are no mistakes. The events that arise as you journey forward, no matter how unpleasant, are necessary steps in order to learn what you need to know to reach the places you’ve chosen to go.
6. Never give up, always get back up – The strongest and most accomplished people are not those who always win, but those who refuse to give up even after they lose. What defines us is how well we rise after falling.
7. Make the best out of any situation- don’t think of it as a negative, but rather as a gift.
8. Ignore the naysayers – when someone undermines your dreams, predicts your doom, or criticizes you in any way, remember, they’re telling you their story, not yours.
9. Always take chances – every opportunity is a chance to soar to new heights.
10. Always smile and see the bright side – be determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation you may find yourself. Eventually you’ll learn that the greater part of your happiness isn’t determined by your circumstance but by your attitude and outlook. Never stop thinking positive.
11. Laugh at yourself and your life situations – try not to take everything too seriously, laugh it off if you can – especially when things don’t go as planned. People with a good sense of humor have a better sense of life.
12. Never stop appreciating the life you’re living right now – now is the moment.
13. Be kind – kindness is a gift you can afford to give endlessly. Do so whenever you can, because you can.
14. Never stop doing the little things, for your own happiness, and for the ones you love – happiness comes from your own choices and actions. Waiting for someone else to make you happy is the best way to be sad.
15. Open your mind to new perspectives – our minds are like a parachute; it doesn’t work unless it’s open. Never stop evolving – learning, changing, growing. You can change your mind. To be real to yourself is to allow yourself the freedom to change. The only thing you ever are for sure is unsure, and this means you’re growing, and not stagnant or imprisoned by old ways of thinking.
16. Never stop writing your own story, your own way – make conscious choices every day that align your actions with your values and ambitions.
The way you live each day is a sentence in the story of your life…
[Based on a reading by M. Chernoff]