The good and bad of having loooong hair:
– Leaving your hair out to cover you like a cape because it’s cold.
– The frustration of leaving your house without a hair tie.
– Using your hair as a fan (and it working!).
– Your hair getting caught in EVERYTHING!
– The ridiculous experience that washing your hair becomes. Along with the volume of shampoo and conditioner you go through.
But then in summer your wet hair is like a portable air con.
– Feeling like you’ll strangle yourself as you toss and turn at night.
– Sitting or leaning on your own hair, or realizing someone else has as you get up.
– Wondering how you’re not bald, considering the amount of hair you lose. And finding your hair everywhere!
– Wearing a beautiful dress with an open back… that no-one ends up seeing because you left your hair down.
– The number of hairstyles you can have! You can curl your hair and it’s still realllly looong.
But the time it takes to style your hair… the amount of hairspray and gel, as well as the ache in your arms as when do is questionable.
– Typically tying your hair because it’s just easier. Have you ridden a motorcycle with untied long hair? The knots afterwards are nothing like what is portrayed in the movies.
… long hair is a blessing, a fashion choice, and a daily ‘uh-oh’, which is another reason why I’m doing the Leukemia Foundation’s 2015 Shave for a Cure. My long hair will be shaved off and donated to be made into a wig.
If you could donate in support of this cause, it’d be greatly appreciated! Link below:
The Leukeamia Foundation’s 2015 Worlds Greatest Shave
P.S. here’s my hair (promo shot because I’m brave for doing the shave) taken not long ago: